To promote virtuous Mahayana Buddhism, realize the great philosophy of “Peace, Health, and Harmony”, and facilitate those with a profound root of wisdom to reach the “Pure Land”, the compassionate Holy Master Ziguang Shang Shi has developed a holy site for imparting the profound Nine Vehicle Great Perfection Dharma, which is an amazing limitless path. The location is geared towards training up an ample amount of Buddhist Preaching elites, able to attain profound wisdom and courage in order for them to achieve enlightenment.
• For those applicants between the ages of 18 to 36 years old, they should hold a degree from a Vocational School or above, with a deep foundation of wisdom, complemented with various professional skill(s); or
• For those applicants between the ages of 22 to 36, a Bachelor’s degree or above with a reasonable foundation of wisdom; and
• All applicants should be free from any family burdens/hardship and be debt-free; and
• All applicants are required to attend an interview and pass an entrance exam.
The level of programs ranges from primary, secondary, advanced, and mastery level.
Duration of programs may vary from three (3) to nine (9) years depending on the specification of a particular level.
Every student is subject to take and achieve a passing score from a series of tests and exams prior to pursuing any program advancement.
Tuitions and Fees
If a candidate is an existing GHMZ Converted Disciple, meets all specified prerequisites and obtains a preliminary approval from the Admissions Department, he/she may subject to a tuition waiver;
Potential candidates who wish to qualify for a waiver must attend a one-month fundamental training program. After completing and passing through the one-month training program, he/she will be qualified to have their tuition waived;
All admitted students are responsible for their own housing, meals, and other living expenses which may apply. (GHMZBRI will reimburse the student the cost of expenses for business trip purposes).
(1) Holy Master Ziguang Shang Shi will select only top students as his successive disciples amongst the graduating class. This is to ensure an excellent succession of qualified Preacher/ Buddhist Instructors in this Dharma Vanishing Era.
(2) Top International graduates will be eligible to either work as one of the Guang Huan Mi Zong Buddhist Research Institute’s (GHMZBRI) faculty or preach globally if they are well-qualified and recommended.
To cater to people’s needs and assist more sentient beings with good affinity, a series of short-term Buddhist Zen Meditation Programs and Health Dharma Classes will be offered to the public.
(The schedule of programs and classes specified in the “2019 Notice I” remains unchanged.)
(1) Date of New Semester: May 16, 2019
(2) Time frame for application submissions: March 16 to May 16, 2019
(3) International students must personally report to the Admissions Office no later than May 11, 2019
Requirements of Application:
(1) A candidate should express his/her willingness of application via an email addressed to the GHMZBRI;
(2) Download an application form from www.ghmzbri.org and complete it accurately; and
(3) A passport photo must be submitted with the application form, size: 1.5” x 1.5”; and
(4) A personal statement detailing his/her family and personal background, and reasons for his/her application; and
(5) A certified duplicate of his/her highest academic credentials, in both English and Chinese versions;
(6) Applicants must also submit a certified copy of an internationally accredited physical exam record taken within the last 6 months, in either Chinese or English; and
(7) Duplicates of any certificates and/or diplomas of any type of profession/skill/talent, if it is applicable;
(8) The application form with all aforesaid required documents should be submitted to the GHMZBRI Admissions Office via email or by mail.
Admission letters will be issued for eligible candidates once the Admissions Office has fulfilled its reviewing process with all required documents.
Guang Huan Mi Zong Buddhist Research Institute
1 (518) 853-1873
Dated: March 16, 2019
Guang Huan Mi Zong Buddhism Research Institute